Pregnancy, they say, is a journey unlike any other.
It’s a time filled with wonder, anticipation, and a kaleidoscope of emotions that can only be truly understood by those who have embarked on this extraordinary path.
As I sit down to curate a collection of pregnancy quotes, I’m reminded of my own journey into parenthood—a journey that has been nothing short of life-altering.
The moment I discovered that I was going to be a parent, my world shifted in the most profound way.
The initial flutter of excitement, mixed with the subtle anxiety of the unknown, set the stage for a rollercoaster of emotions that would accompany me throughout those nine months and beyond.
Each kick, every ultrasound image, and even the sleepless nights took on new meaning as I nurtured the life growing within me.
Parenthood, as I soon discovered, is a blend of overwhelming love, unspoken fears, and a sense of responsibility that surpasses anything I had ever known.
It’s a journey of self-discovery, where each day brings forth new challenges and rewards, often in equal measure.
And in the midst of it all, there are words—beautiful, poignant, and insightful words—that have the power to capture the essence of this incredible phase of life.
In this article, we embark on a heartfelt exploration of pregnancy quotes that have resonated with me deeply on my journey into parenthood.
These words, often crafted by individuals who have traversed this path before me, provide comfort, inspiration, and a sense of camaraderie.
They serve as reminders that while each pregnancy journey is unique, the emotions and experiences are universal.
Whether you’re a soon-to-be parent eagerly awaiting your little one, a seasoned mom or dad who has been down this road, or simply someone who appreciates the beauty of life’s most precious moments, these pregnancy quotes are a testament to the miracle of birth, the strength of love, and the boundless wonder of creating a family.
24 Powerful Pregnancy Quotes
Pregnancy is a wild ride filled with ups, downs, and everything in between.
It’s a time when your body does some incredible things to welcome a new little person into the world.
It’s not always easy, but it’s always worth it.
In this section, we’re diving into ‘Powerful Pregnancy Quotes’ that capture the real strength and grit it takes to get through those nine months.
These quotes are like little pep talks, reminding you that you’ve got what it takes, even on the tough days.
Here, we’ve rounded up some quotes that’ll help you feel inspired and empowered during your pregnancy journey.
These aren’t just words on a page; they’re like a friendly pat on the back, cheering you on as you go through this incredible journey of creating a family.
1. “It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” — Beyoncé Knowles
2. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
3. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
4. “A woman experiencing an unplanned pregnancy also deserves to experience unplanned joy.” — Patricia Heaton
5. “Peeing on a stick and preserving that stick is the start of the many disgusting things you will do as a mother.” — Unknown
6. “That first pregnancy is a long sea journey to a country where you don’t know the language.” — Emily Perkins
7. “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” – Peter Buffett
8. “You are the closest I will ever come to magic.” – Suzanne Finnamore
9. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
10. “Stop saying, ‘We’re pregnant’. You’re not pregnant! Do you have to squeeze a watermelon-sized person out of your lady-hole? No. Are you crying alone in your car listening to a stupid Bette Midler song? No. When you wake up and throw up, is it because you’re nurturing a human life? No. It’s because you had too many shots of tequila.” -Mila Kunis
11. “Ah, babies! They’re more than just adorable little creatures on whom you can blame your farts.” — Tina Fey
12. “What do a toddler, a preschooler and a pregnant lady all have in common? We all pee our pants in public” -@fullmetalmommy
13. “I used to have a terrific flat stomach, but now it’s kind of blown out after two giant babies used it as a short-term apartment.” — Amy Poehler
14. “My goal is to appreciate my body for what it has done.” — Sia Cooper
15. “I’m in love with a human I haven’t met yet.” – Miss Planner
16. “I’ve been to war. I’ve raised twins. If I had a choice, I’d rather go to war.” ― George W. Bush
17. “Going into a pregnancy is a really challenging time for a woman because it’s forever-changing, both mentally and physically.” — Brooke Burke
18. “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.” – Amy Tan
19. “It’s a great thing about being pregnant—you don’t need excuses to pee or to eat.” — Angelina Jolie
20. “Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.” — Rita Rudner
21. “When you moved, I felt squeezed with a wild infatuation and protectiveness. We are one. Nothing, not even death, can change that.” — Suzanne Finnamore, The Zygote Chronicles
22. “Danger, due to the influence of pregnancy hormones I could burst into tears or kill you in the next five minutes.” – Anonymous
23. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
24. “I’m at the stage in my pregnancy where people don’t know whether to congratulate me or buy me a gym membership” -Anonymous
28 Lively Pregnancy Quotes
Pregnancy is quite the adventure, and it’s not always serious business. It’s a time when your emotions can go from super happy to super hilarious in seconds.
From those unexpected sneezing and peeing episodes to the days that feel like they’ll never end, there’s a lot to laugh about.
In this section, we’re diving into ‘Lively Pregnancy Quotes.’ These quotes capture the moments when pregnancy gets a little wild, a little quirky, and a lot funny.
But it’s not just about the giggles; it’s also about celebrating the incredible journey you’re on.
Here, we’ve gathered quotes that bring out the humor, quirks, and the heartfelt moments of pregnancy.
These quotes aren’t just words; they’re snapshots of the lively and colorful ride that is pregnancy.
25. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” – Carrie Fisher
26. “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a Mother.” -Anonymous
27. “Months have an average of 30 days, except the 9th month of pregnancy which has about 1,000 days.” — Unknown
28. “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation
29. “Peezing; sneezing and peeing at the same time. Enough said” -Anonymous
30. “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do nothing at all and still be productive.” – Evan Esar
31. “If pregnancy were a book, they would cut the last two chapters.” — Nora Ephron
32. “Pregnancy is like the beginning of all things; wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” — Unknown
33. “All pregnant women are warriors. It takes strength just to get up and go to work.” — Camilla Luddington
34. “Speak to your children as if they are the wisest, kindest, most beautiful and magical humans on earth, for what they believe is what they will become.” — Brooke Hampton
35. “For this child, I prayed, and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart.” — 1 Samuel 1:27
36. “You are proof that love before first sight does exist.” — Araceli M. Ream
37. “Being pregnant means every day is another day closer to meeting the other love of my life.” — Unknown
38. “A grand adventure is about to begin.” — Winnie the Pooh
39. “Of course, I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality.” — Christine Feehan, Ruthless Game
40. “If I am thinking correctly,” said Pooh, “a new baby is probably, undoubtedly the grandest gift that could ever be.” – Winnie the Pooh
41. “Unless you are the one who put this baby in here or the one who will take it out, you are not allowed to touch my belly.” – Anonymous
42. “Everybody leave me alone. I’ve had a busy day being pregnant and I have to do it again tomorrow.” – Anonymous
43. “I love you with all my belly. I would say heart, but my belly is bigger.” — Unknown
44. “Of course, I’d like children. But I have to get over my impression that being pregnant is like popping corn. You expand and expand until you pop.” — Markie Post
45. “When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.” — Mariska Hargitay
46. “Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.” — E.B. White
47. “The decision to have a child—it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” — Elizabeth Stone
48. “Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would die for you. This is the miracle of mother’s love.” – Maureen Hawkins
49. “A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman are the handsomest two things that can be seen common.” ― Benjamin Franklin
50. “Does this baby make me look fat?” —Amy Shumer
51. “My wife and I don’t understand couples where the woman is pregnant and they don’t want to know the sex of the baby. ‘Oh, we want it to be a surprise.’ I mean you have caller ID but don’t want to know what’s popping out of your vagina?” — Andrew Ginsberg
52. “There are unplanned pregnancies, but there are no unplanned people.” — Unknown
36 Surprising Pregnancy Quotes
Pregnancy is a journey filled with unexpected surprises, and it’s not just about the baby kicks and ultrasounds.
It’s about those moments when you stumble upon a quote that unexpectedly captures the essence of your experience.
As I look back on my own pregnancy journey, I can’t help but think of the surprises it held for me—some big, some small, and some hidden in the words of these ‘Surprising Pregnancy Quotes.’
The following words have the power to evoke emotions and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary memories, just like the unexpected surprises that made my pregnancy journey truly magical.
Here, I’ve gathered quotes that beautifully capture the awe, wonder, and delight that come with expecting.
53. “You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, ‘Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.’” ― Connie Fioretto
54. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.” – Anonymous
55. “You can hear now. Your inner ear is formed. I shout “I love you” into the bedroom. Then I feel stupid. Then I don’t. This is pretty much the story of my life.” – Suzanne Finnamore
56. “I told my husband to put the oreos somewhere I couldn’t get them. So he put them on the floor.” -@mamerwin
57. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” – Tina Brown
58. “Part of being a parent is rolling with the punches, so consider an unexpected pregnancy the universe’s way of helping you to learn to do that.” — Heather Wittenberg
59. “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” — Lin Yutang
60. “A baby is a wishing well. Everyone puts their hopes, their fears, their pasts, their two cents in.” — Elizabeth Bard
61. “There’s something really empowering about going, ‘Hell, I can do this! I can do this all!’ That’s the wonderful thing about mothers, you can because you must, and you just DO.” — Kate Winslet
62. “Pregnancy seems designed to prepare you for life as a mother. You start making sacrifices nine months before the child is born, so by the time they put in an appearance, you are used to giving things up for them.” — Brett Kiellerop-Morris
63. “A good way to prepare yourself for parenthood is to talk to rocks because they have similar listening habits.” — Rodney Lacroix
64. “For all of us who are so over the questions here’s one for you. “Yes I’m positive there’s just one baby in there. Can I throat punch you now?” -Anonymous
65. “For the nine months I am pregnant with a boy, shouldn’t I be paid 1.78x my pay?” – Anonymous
66. “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside; when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.” — Unknown
67. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched—along with body—making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” — Anne Christian Buchanan
68. “I have two brains in my body. I’ve never felt so dumb.” -Gloria, Modern Family
69. “Yes, I have gently placed my hand on my tummy and faked discomfort to get a seat on the subway.” – Anonymous
70. “In the pregnancy process, I have come to realize how much of the burden is on the female partner. She’s got a construction zone going on in her belly.”― Al Roker
71. “The wonder of life begins in the womb of a woman.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
72. “Motherhood: The only place you can experience heaven and hell at the same time.” – Anonymous
73. “Ask me my due date one more time…”- Anonymous
74. “It’s an established fact. Some women can’t stand being pregnant, getting big and bloated, and hauling around a giant stomach, and some women, for reasons probably understood by Darwin, love it.” — Rich Cohen
75. “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals.” — Holly Madison
76. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” — Erma Bombeck
77. “When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.” – Mariska Hargitay
78. “It is easy when you’re pregnant to spend hours dreaming about the little baby growing inside of you and wondering who in the world they will turn out to be.” — unknown
79. “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” — Judy Ford
80. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
81. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” — Harriette Hartigan
82. “Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.” — Jayne Mansfield
83. “Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body–meaning that it wasn’t put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit.” – Amy Adams
84. “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” – Sandra Chami Kassis
85. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain—your life will never be the same.” — Catherine Jones
86. “I feel like I have a bowling ball sitting on my hoo-ha.” — Jessica Simpson
87. “No matter how hard my day has been, all it takes is one little kick to make everything feel right.” — Unknown
88. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” — Osho
15 Funny Pregnancy Quotes
Pregnancy is a wild and wonderful adventure filled with moments that make you laugh, cry, and sometimes even both at the same time.
It’s a time when your body, your emotions, and your sense of humor are all on a rollercoaster ride together.
In this, our final section, we’re diving into Funny Pregnancy Quotes‘ that capture the humor in the chaos of expecting.
These quotes are like little punchlines to the hilarious moments that become a part of your daily life when you’re pregnant.
Here, we’ve gathered quotes that celebrate the quirks, surprises, and the wonderfully wacky side of pregnancy.
These quotes aren’t just words; they’re like inside jokes with other parents who’ve been through it all.
So, let’s share a laugh as we explore these ‘Funny Pregnancy Quotes,’ the delightful conclusion to our journey.
Whether you’re a mom-to-be, a dad-to-be, or just someone who appreciates the hilarity in life’s unexpected twists, these quotes are here to add a touch of comedy to your pregnancy journey.
Because when it comes to expecting, sometimes you just have to laugh at the chaos!
when it comes to expecting, sometimes you just have to laugh at the chaos!
89. “Hormones and no alcohol. Interact at your own risk.” – Anonymous
90. “Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws, I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby, and I can go out” -Matthew Broderick
91. “All the time we wondered and wondered, who is this person coming, growing, turning, floating, swimming deep, deep inside?” — Crescent Dragonwagon
92. “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.” – Maggie Scarf
93. “Bra off. Hair up. Belly out.” – Anonymous
94. “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.” – Jessica Simpson
95. “The condom broke. I know how stupid that sounds. It’s the reproductive version of the dog ate my homework.” — Jennifer Weiner, Little Earthquakes
96. “When we encourage new parents to ‘treasure these moments because they don’t last forever,’ we need to remember to also reassure them that they will survive these moments because they don’t last forever.” — L.R. Knost
97. “I’m proof birth control is 99% effective.” -Anonymous
98. “Maternity is a glorious thing since all mankind has been conceived, born, and nourished of women.” — Martin Luther
99. “I’m never as happy as when I’m pregnant. I literally would have 10 babies if I could!” — Tori Spelling
100. “Get comfortable. Have to pee. Get really thirsty after you pee. Drink an entire cup of water. Get comfortable. Have to pee again. I give up!” — Unknown
101. “I have two brains in my body, but I’ve never been so dumb.” — Modern Family
102. “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
103. “When people congratulate you, say, “For what?” and watch them panic.” – Anonymous
Frequently asked questions
What are the early signs of pregnancy?
Early signs of pregnancy may include missed periods, fatigue, breast tenderness, frequent urination, and nausea.
However, symptoms can vary widely among individuals.
What should I eat during pregnancy?
A balanced diet is crucial during pregnancy.
Focus on fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and dairy products.
Consult your healthcare provider for specific dietary recommendations.
How do I announce my pregnancy to family and friends?
Pregnancy announcements can be creative and personal.
Consider using pregnancy quotes, planning a surprise reveal, or simply sharing the news in a way that feels meaningful to you and your loved ones.
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- Unlocking Creativity: Innovative Montessori Lesson Plans For Engaged Learning - November 29, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023