Pregnancy, a remarkable journey marked by countless changes, both in body and in life, often comes with its own unique brand of humor.
It’s a time when your body seems to have a mind of its own, and those pregnancy cravings can sometimes feel like an unsolvable riddle.
But amidst all the ups, downs, and unexpected moments, there’s one thing that can be your constant companion—laughter.
In this delightful exploration of “Funny Pregnancy Quotes,” we invite you to join us on a journey that celebrates the lighter side of pregnancy.
We’ve gathered a collection of witty, relatable, and downright hilarious quotes that any expecting parent or anyone who’s been through the journey will appreciate.
Pregnancy, after all, is not just about the physical changes but also the emotional rollercoaster, the quirks, and the sheer unpredictability of it all.
It’s a time when even the simplest tasks can become comedic adventures, like trying to put on socks or navigating through the maze of maternity jeans.
These funny pregnancy quotes offer a glimpse into the shared experiences and humorous anecdotes that come with the territory.
Whether you’re a mom-to-be looking for a good laugh or someone who wants to reminisce about their own pregnancy escapades, you’re in for a treat.
As we embark on this lighthearted journey, expect to find quotes that touch upon everything from elephant ankles to those moments when your baby bump seems to have a personality of its own.
So, whether you’re a soon-to-be parent in need of a chuckle or simply someone who appreciates the humorous side of life’s most incredible journey, sit back, relax, and get ready to laugh your way through this collection of “Funny Pregnancy Quotes.”
After all, when it comes to pregnancy, a good laugh might just be the best antidote to any mood swing or midnight craving.
Funny Pregnancy Quotes By Prominent Figures
In the grand theater of life, pregnancy often takes center stage as one of the most captivating performances.
It’s a role filled with unexpected twists, incredible feats, and a fair share of comedic moments.
As we delve into the world of “Funny Pregnancy Quotes,” we kick off this amusing journey with insights from some prominent figures who’ve added their own touch of humor to the pregnancy narrative.
Pregnancy, you see, is a great equalizer—it’s an experience that unites women from all walks of life, including those in the public eye.
Through witty words and humorous observations, these prominent figures offer a glimpse into their own experiences, reminding us that even celebrities and leaders have faced the charming quirks of pregnancy.
In this first subsection, “Funny Pregnancy Quotes By Prominent Figures,” we’ll explore the lighter side of pregnancy through the eyes of those who’ve graced headlines and history books.
These quotes serve as a testament to the shared laughter and relatable moments that make pregnancy not only a life-altering event but also a humorous journey filled with unexpected delights.
So, let’s step into the spotlight and enjoy a good chuckle as we discover what these well-known individuals have to say about the comedic aspects of pregnancy.
After all, laughter truly is the universal language that binds us all in the wonderful tapestry of parenthood.
100 Funny Pregnancy Quotes By Prominent Figures
1. “I think that carrying a baby inside you is like running as fast as you can. It feels like finally letting go and filling yourself up to the wildest limits.” ― Author unknown
2. Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be. — Carrie Fisher
3. “Honey is sweet. A little baby is even sweeter.” — Unknown
4. “During my first pregnancy, the people I was around told me how great I looked, asked me how I was feeling, saved the comfiest chairs for me, and stocked the office with decaf tea. This time around, the person I spend the most time with—although she seems to think I’m swell—insists on eating my food and waking me up early every morning.” — Emily Fisk
5. “If you are a mom, you are a superhero, period.” — Rosie Pope
6. “There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins.” ― Josh Billings
7. “Three things remain with us from paradise: stars, flowers and children.” — Dante Alighieri
8. “Feeling fat lasts nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.” -Nikki Dalton.
9. “Being pregnant was the healthiest I’ve ever been in my life. Except for the cupcakes.” — Ashlee Simpson
10. “A grand adventure is about to begin.” — Winnie the Pooh
11. “A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman are the handsomest two things that can be seen common.” ― Benjamin Franklin
12. “Can it be, that the Greek grammarians invented their dual number for the particular benefit of twins?” ― Herman Melville
13. “Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was that they escaped teething.” ― Mark Twain
14. “My friend has a baby, I am recording all the noises he makes so I can later ask him what he meant.” ― Stephen Wright
15. “There is nothing like a newborn baby to renew your spirit – and to buttress your resolve to make the world a better place.” -Virginia Clinton Kelley.
16. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” — Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
17. “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
18. “Never go to your high school reunion pregnant or they will think that is all you have done since you graduated.” ― Erma Bombeck
19. “A child is a curly, dimpled lunatic.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “I know you, but only because I feel you. How is it possible to love someone so much already? All I know for sure is it’s the strongest feeling I’ve ever felt. We’ve been sharing this body for quite some time, and we’ve already experienced so much together. We can’t wait to meet you.” -Nikkie Reed
21. “It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” — Beyoncé
22. “Being pregnant has all kinds of advantages. People keep telling you how beautiful you look. They do it over and over.” -Caterina Fake.
23. “You don’t realize how many people your friends hate until you have to name your baby.” -Unknown
24. “To pee or not to pee? That is never the question. Pee.” -Unknown
25. “Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.” – Rita Rudner
26. “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ― Elizabeth Stone
27. “There is no way to be a perfect mother… but a million ways to be a good one.” –Jill Churchill
28. “Prenatal yoga focuses on breathing and stretching. So does napping.” -Unknown
29. “You are the closest I will ever come to magic.” — Suzanne Finnamore
30. “Sneezing for a pregnant chick is like playing Russian roulette; you never know when something’s gonna come out.” -Unknown
31. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” — Laura Stavoe Harm
32. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought—and more wonderful.” — Charles Osgood
33. “Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body – meaning that it wasn’t put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit.” -Amy Adams
34. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” -Carrie Fisher
35. “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.” -Amy Tan, The Bonesetter’s Daughter
36. “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.” ― Joyce Armor
37. “The worst feature of a new baby is its mother’s singing.” ― Kin Hubbard
38. “If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time—you’re the grandma.” — Theresa Bloomingdale
39. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” — Franklin P. Jones
40. “Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.” ― E.B. White
41. “This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.” -Jodi Picoult, Perfect Match
42. “Pregnancy seems designed to prepare you for life as a mother. You start making sacrifices nine months before the child is born, so by the time they put in an appearance you are used to giving things up for them.” -Brett Kiellerop-Morris, My Big Fat Gay Life
43. “The oxytocin was doing all this magic and it felt amazing. And then it got less than amazing” -Alicia Silverstone
44. “Months have an average of 30 days, except the 9th month of pregnancy which has about 1,000 days.” -Unknown
45. “You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your contentedness. Trust your body to birth and know that the collective power of women worldwide will be with you.” — Unknown
46. “When you moved, I felt squeezed with a wild infatuation and protectiveness. We are one. Nothing, not even death, can change that.” -Suzanne Finnamore, The Zygote Chronicles
47. “For this child, I prayed and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart.”— 1 Samuel 1:27
48. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” — Erma Bombeck
49. “Yes, I have gently placed my hand on my tummy and faked discomfort to get a seat on the subway.” -Unknown
50. “I’ve been to war. I’ve raised twins. If I had a choice, I’d rather go to war.” ― George W. Bush
51. Twin one, twin too! ― Author Unknown
52. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” ― Rajneesh
53. “During labour the most important thing is to get primal and surrender to the process” -Ricki Lake
54. “Maternity is a glorious thing, since all mankind has been conceived, born, and nourished of women.” -Martin Luther
55. “You are proof that love before first sight does exist.” — Araceli M. Ream
56. “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” — Lin Yutang
57. “Speak to your children as if they are the wisest, kindest, most beautiful and magical humans on earth, for what they believe is what they will become.” — Brooke Hampton
58. “Life is two-riffic with twins.” ― Author Unknown
59. “Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough.” ― Wilhelm Busch
60. “I’m a mother, and I look like one.” — Olivia Wilde
61. “By far the most common craving of pregnant women is not to be pregnant.” -Phyllis Diller.
62. “You never understand life until it grows inside of you.” — Sandra Chami Kassis
63. “There is a sanctity involved with bringing a child into this world, it is better than bombing one out of it.” -James Baldwin
64. “There is no such thing as a perfect parent, so just be a real one.” — Sue Atkins
65. “Peeing on a stick and preserving that stick is the start of the many disgusting things you will do as a mother.” -Unknown
66. “Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.” — Penelope Leach
67. “Having a child is liking getting a tattoo…on your face. You better be committed” -Eat Pray Love
68. “I used to have a terrific flat stomach but now it’s kind of blown out after two giant babies used it as a short-term apartment.” -Amy Poehler
69. “Sugar and spice and everything nice. Oh my gosh! It happened twice!” ― Author Unknown
70. “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” — Chinese Proverb
71. “When people congratulate me, I like to say, ‘For what?’ and watch them panic.” -Unknown
72. “Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws, I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby, and I can go out.” ― Matthew Broderick
73. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
74. “Baby in the tummy, it’s all up to mommy. But once the baby’s had, it’s bragging rights for Dad.” — Unknown
75. “I think I enjoy being pregnant more than not being pregnant.” -Chrissy Teigen.
76. “Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love.” — Maureen Hawkins
77. “Diaper backward spells repaid. Think about it.” ― Marshall McLuhan
78. “I suddenly got overwhelmed that I was bringing another baby into the world, all that responsibility. So I cried. But I think crying is healthy. I cry every day. To me, crying is like taking a yoga class. It keeps you in touch” -Jada Pickett Smith
79. “It’s a great thing about being pregnant – you don’t need excuses to pee or to eat.” ― Angelina Jolie
80. “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.” — Leo J. Burke
81. “Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.” ― John Wilmot
82. “The condom broke. I know how stupid that sounds. It’s the reproductive version of the dog ate my homework.” -Jennifer Weiner, Little Earthquakes
83. “Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God.” -Larry Barretto.
84. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain—your life will never be the same.” — Catherine Jones
85. “In the pregnancy process I have come to realize how much of the burden is on the female partner. She’s got a construction zone going on in her belly.” ― Al Roker
86. “With every newborn baby, a little sun rises.” — Irmgard Erath
87. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” — A.A. Milne
88. “Pregnancy can be a time when you take tremendous pleasure in eating, not only because you may enjoy food more but also because you know that it is nourishing both you and your baby.” — Martha Rose and Jane L. Davis
89. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” — Unknown
90. “It’s double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you’re blessed with twins.” ― Author Unknown
91. “Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife.” ― Queen Victoria
92. “Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit.” ― Bill Cosby
93. “So I asked around and apparently I have a baby bump. And I’m here to tell you that I do! I am not pregnant, but I have had three kids and there is a bump. From now on ladies, I will have a bump. And it will be my baby bump. And let’s just all settle in and get used to it. It’s not going anywhere.” -Jennifer Garner
94. “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.” — George Bernard Shaw
95. “I have two brains in my body, but I’ve never been so dumb” –Modern Family
96. “Motherhood: The only place you can experience heaven and hell at the same time.” — Unknown
97. “Having a staring contest with a newborn is one of the weirdest things you’ll ever do. And it is highly recommended.” ― Author Unknown
98. “Yes I’m positive there’s just one baby in there. Can I throat punch you now?” -Unknown
99. “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.” — Carl Sandburg
100. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited.” -Anne Christian Buchanan.
Cute & Funny Quotes To Overcome Pregnancy Depression
As we approach the final leg of our journey through the world of “Funny Pregnancy Quotes,” I want to share a personal note.
My own pregnancy journey had its fair share of ups and downs, and I know firsthand how the anticipation of motherhood can sometimes be accompanied by moments of doubt, worry, and even depression.
Pregnancy depression, also known as antenatal or prenatal depression, can cast a shadow on what should be a joyful time.
It’s a topic close to my heart, as I, too, faced moments of uncertainty and emotional turbulence during those nine months.
In this last subsection, “Cute Funny Quotes To Overcome Pregnancy Depression,” we acknowledge the real struggles some expecting mothers face.
However, we also want to remind you that laughter can be a lifeline during these times.
These cute and funny quotes are not meant to trivialize your experiences but to offer a glimmer of light on darker days.
I’ve personally found solace in humor, and I hope these quotes can bring a smile to your face, even on the toughest of days.
Remember, you’re not alone on this journey, and there’s a community of mothers who understand the rollercoaster ride that pregnancy can be.
58 Cute & Funny Quotes To Overcome Pregnancy Depression
101. “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do nothing at all and still be productive.” — Evan Esar
102. “There are words in the soul of a newborn baby, wanting and waiting to be written.” — Toba Beta
103. “Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped.” – Sam Levenson
104. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain‚your life will never be the same.” — Catherine Jones
105. “A baby is a wishing well. Everyone puts their hopes, their fears, their pasts, their two cents in.” — Elizabeth Bard
106. “Going into a pregnancy is a really challenging time for a woman, because it’s forever-changing, both mentally and physically.” — Brooke Burke
107. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” — Albert Einstein
108. “Part of being a parent is rolling with the punches, so consider an unexpected pregnancy the universe’s way of helping you to learn to do that.” — Heather Wittenberg
109. “Your pregnant elephant ankles will return to normal. Just hang in there.” — Adriel Booker
110. There are two things in life for which we are never fully prepared: twins.” — Josh Billings
111. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” — George Bernard Shaw
112. “Rigid plans work best if you’re building a skyscraper; with something as mysteriously human as giving birth, it’s best, both literally and figuratively, to keep your knees bent.” — Mark Sloan
113. “Now my belly is as noble as my heart.” — Gabriela Mistral
114. “Giving birth is not a matter of pushing, expelling the baby, but of yielding, surrendering to birth energy.” — Marie Reid
115. “If you want to know the feeling, just take your bottom lip and pull it over your head.” —Carol Burnett
116. “It’s an established fact. Some women can’t stand being pregnant, getting big and bloated, and hauling around a giant stomach, and some women, for reasons probably understood by Darwin, love it.” — Rich Cohen
117. “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” — George Santayana
118. “A man is not complete until he has seen the baby he has made.” — Sammy Davis Jr.
119. “My body has given me the greatest gift of my life.” — Hilary Duff
120. “We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves.” — Henry Ward Beecher
121. “Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.” — Michael J. Fox
122. “We can’t understand when we’re pregnant, or when our siblings are expecting, how profound it is to have a shared history with a younger generation: blood, genes, humor. It means we were actually here, on Earth, for a time—like the Egyptians with their pyramids, only with children.” — Anne Lamott
123. “The first pregnancy is the most self-indulgent thing in the world because you get massages and prenatal yoga and hypnotherapy CDs. During this one I forget that I’m even pregnant. I’m hoisting my 2-year-old around.” — Emily Blunt
124. “Words can not express the joy of new life.” — Hermann Hesse
125. “Sometimes you don’t realize what is missing in your life until it arrives.” — Araceli M. Ream
126. “A strong intention, a relaxed body and an open mind are the main ingredients for an active birth.” – Janet Balaskas
127. “And so in you, the child, your mother lives on and through your family continues to live… so at this time look after yourself and your family as you would your mother for through you all she will truly never die.” — Osho
128. “When your first baby drops her pacifier, you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog: ‘Fetch!’” — Bruce Lansky
129. “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” — Judy Ford
130. “Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies.” – Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
131. “Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and shows her that she is stronger than them.” — Unknown
132. “When I was pregnant, I was so huge and people on the bus would get up for me. That made me feel so precious and valued and valuable. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.” — Mariska Hargitay
133. “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” — Emily Dickinson
134. “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.” — Jared Padalecki
135. “My goal is to appreciate my body for what it has done.” — Sia Cooper
136. “Being pregnant means every day is another day closer to meeting the other love of my life.” — Anonymous
137. “When we encourage new parents to ‘treasure these moments because they don’t last forever,’ we need to remember to also reassure them that they will survive these moments because they don’t last forever.” — L.R. Knost
138. “You do a lot of growing up when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, ‘Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.’” — Connie Fioretto
139. “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement not your greatest fear.” —Jane Weideman
140. “I’m never as happy as when I’m pregnant. I literally would have 10 babies if I could!” — Tori Spelling
141. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.”— Unknown
142. “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.” — Olivia Wilde
143. “Children reinvent your world for you.” — Susan Sarandon
144. “Sleep is like the unicorn—it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any.” — Unknown
145. “No matter how bad my day’s been, it takes one little kick to make everything feel alright.” — Author Unknown
146. “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.” — Maggie Scarf
147. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
148. “Ah, babies! They’re more than just adorable little creatures on whom you can blame your farts.” — Tina Fey
149. “Of course I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality.” — Christine Feehan
150. “A good way to prepare yourself for parenthood is to talk to rocks because they have similar listening habits.” — Rodney Lacroix
151. “I love you bigger than the world and sky.” — Marty Klazmer
152. “Still the most magical day of my life was the day I became a mom.” — Linda Becker
153. “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.” — Jessica Simpson
154. “Life doesn’t get more real than having a newborn at home.” — Eric Church
155. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” — Eda LeShan
156. “Every four weeks I go up a bra size… it’s worth being pregnant just for the breasts.” — Natasha Hamilton
157. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” — Mary Mason
158. “Get comfortable. Have to pee. Get really thirsty after you pee. Drink an entire cup of water. Get comfortable. Have to pee again. I give up!” — Unknown
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Pregnancy Depression, And How Common Is It?
Pregnancy depression, also known as antenatal or prenatal depression, is a condition characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and anxiety during pregnancy.
It can affect women to varying degrees and may involve symptoms such as irritability, changes in appetite, fatigue, and difficulty concentrating.
While pregnancy is typically associated with happiness, pregnancy depression is more common than many people realize, affecting around 10-15% of expectant mothers.
It’s essential to recognize the signs and seek help if you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms of pregnancy depression.
How Can I Use Hilarious Pregnancy Quotes To Make A Baby Shower More Entertaining?
Incorporate these witty quotes into baby shower games or print them on cards to create a light-hearted atmosphere. You can also include them in speeches or toasts for a touch of humor.
How Can Humor And Funny Quotes Help With Pregnancy Depression?
Humor has a remarkable ability to alleviate stress, improve mood, and create a sense of connection.
During pregnancy, when emotions can be particularly intense, cute and funny quotes can serve as a source of comfort and distraction.
They can offer a moment of relief, reminding those experiencing pregnancy depression that they’re not alone in their journey and that laughter, even in small doses, can be therapeutic.
Humor doesn’t diminish the seriousness of pregnancy depression but can be a valuable coping mechanism.
Continue Reading 👉:125 Cute Pregnancy Quotes To Capture The Magic
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- Unlocking Creativity: Innovative Montessori Lesson Plans For Engaged Learning - November 29, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023