Carrot painting is a fun art for kids activity this Thanksgiving. An indoor activity that kids can do during their quiet time and to entertain them.
If you didn’t’ find yet a way to make your children manifest their feelings, you could try by giving them a piece of paper and some color pen. Even children that haven’t yet develop their linguistic skills know how to manifest their feeling by drawing.
Children love to paint. That is fantastic because, through painting, they activate both sides of their brains, allowing them to develop their creativity and logical thinking and manifest their feelings.
Few exercises activate both sides of the brain. Painting is the most excellent way to do this. It is even used to teach children with special needs.
We can paint or draw at any age. Toddlers start with this art by scrawling, and little by little, they gain the ability to manifest their feeling through it. Adults should supervise this activity because but without limiting or determine what they draw.
To do this art activity funniest, we will use carrots as a paintbrush.
THEME: CARROT PAINTING FOR KIDS
HOW DO WE DO THIS ACTIVITY?
Age: 4-6 years old children
Goal: Through this thanksgiving activity, kids will develop their fine motor skills and they will learn about the important role of vegetables in life.
Level: Basic. Children can carry out this thanksgiving activity by themselves by following instructions.
- Fine motor skills
- Following instructions
- A white paper sheet
- A carrot
- Orange and green paint
Draw a carrot on the white paper sheet.
Paint the carrot leaves with the green paint.
Paint the carrot with the orange paint using a paintbrush.
FREE PRINTABLE CARROT PAINTING COLORING EXERCISES
Add more fun to your kids’ carrot painting session with these two free printable carrot coloring exercises.
HOW TO CARRY OUT THIS ACTIVITY WITH CHILDREN OF OTHER AGES?
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 4 YEARS OLD
Younger children can do this thanksgiving activity. To ease the exercise, we can change carrots and use a sponge.
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN OLDER THAN 6,
Older children can carry out this activity, increasing the difficulty of it a bit. In this case, you can use several vegetables to make a landscape with their prints.
VIDEO DESCRIPTION – PAINTING WITH CARROTS
This video will show you a step-by-step of the “PAINTING WITH CARROTS” activity. This activity was designed for 4-6 years old children. We want to develop children’s fine motor skills, follow instructions, creativity, focus, and develop their feelings with this activity. We will use a white paper sheet, orange and green paints, a pencil, and a carrot.
Do you like this Thanksgiving art for kids? Are you looking for more fun kids activities? Check out our Thanksgiving activities and printables for kids
- Create a fun project with this DIY Turkey Tshirt Thanksgiving Craft for Kids
- Help kids learn how their taste buds work with this, Thanksgiving Sense of Taste Activity No Bake Turkey with Gummy Feathers (2-4 Years Old)
- Another fun Montessori activity for kids, Thanksgiving Turkey Cotton Wings Numbers and Quantity Montessori Kids Activity (4-6 Years Old)
- Entertain kids while boosting their fine motor skills, Thanksgiving Fine Motor Activity for Kids Put the Clothespins on the Turkey (4-6 Years Old)
- For kids to learn about sizes, Thanksgiving Turkey Big and Small Concepts Montessori Activity for Kids (4-6 Years Old)
Get your little ones ready to celebrate Thanksgiving with some super cute clothes, check out these Thanksgiving baby t-shirts and bodysuits.
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- Unlocking Creativity: Innovative Montessori Lesson Plans For Engaged Learning - November 29, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023