This DIY turkey t-shirt Thanksgiving craft for kids is a fun and easy-to-make project to entertain and, at the same time, help with a child’s creativity and fine motor skills.
Let’s use these special dates to strengthen our relationship with our kids by doing funny project that make us enjoy our time together. Let’s get out of the monotony and daily routine.
When children do crafts, they get lots of useful things that will benefit them during their life. It doesn’t matter if they don’t do beautiful or well-elaborated crafts.
The most important thing here is the process they follow to get those crafts and how they feel when exploring their imagination, learning new things, working as a team, and strengthening their focus, memory, and fine motor skills.
When boys and girls create things, they use the right part of the brain, which is the brain’s side to enhance arts, feelings, abstraction, and spatial dimension. Crafts also develop patience and make them learn how to follow step-by-step tasks.
As you can see, doing thanksgiving craft activities help children develop lots of skills, so don’t hesitate to share this time with them.
THEME: TURKEY T-SHIRT THANKSGIVING CRAFT FOR KIDS
HOW DO WE DO THIS ACTIVITY?
Age: 4-6 years old children
Goal: Stimulate crafting skills.
Level: Average. Children can carry out this Thanksgiving craft for kids activity by themselves following instructions.
- Fine motor skills
- Development of their emotions
- Colored foamy
Take the black and white foamy, do the turkey’s eyes, and glue them to the T-shirt’s front-side.
Using the Orange foamy, do the turkey’s beak.
After gluing the turkey’s face, use the colored foamy to do the feathers.
Glue the turkey feathers to the T-shirt’s back-side.
Turkey’s T-shirt made with foamy. A fun Thanksgiving craft for kids.
FREE PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS
Give preschoolers more Thanksgiving craft for kids, click the link below to download and print our turkey craft worksheets.
HOW TO CARRY OUT THIS THANKSGIVING CRAFT FOR KIDS ACTIVITY WITH CHILDREN OF OTHER AGES?
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 4 YEARS OLD
We can carry out this Thanksgiving craft for kids activity with younger children. It is not necessary to change materials. However, the adult leading the exercise should help children to do the thanksgiving turkey activity according to their skills.
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN OLDER THAN 6
To do this activity with older children, we need to increase the difficulty level. They can use paints and contact paper instead of foamy. They can paint the T-shirt as they want and that will be a real work of art.
VIDEO DESCRIPTION – TURKEY T-SHIRTS THANKSGIVING CRAFT FOR KIDS
In this Thanksgiving craft for kids video, you will find the step-by-step activity “TURKEY T-SHIRTS,” designed for 4-6 years old children, in which a turkey t-shirt is made using foamy.
This Thanksgiving craft for kids activity will allow boys and girls to develop skills such as creativity, fine motor skills, concentration, development of the emotional area, patience, and autonomy. The materials needed to carry out the activity are a T-shirt, glue, foamy, and scissors.
Do you like this Thanksgiving craft for kids? Are you looking for more kids activities? Check out our Thanksgiving activities and printables for kids
- Help kids learn how their taste buds work with this, Thanksgiving Sense of Taste Activity No Bake Turkey with Gummy Feathers (2-4 Years Old)
- Another fun Montessori activity for kids, Thanksgiving Turkey Cotton Wings Numbers and Quantity Montessori Kids Activity (4-6 Years Old)
- Entertain kids while boosting their fine motor skills, Thanksgiving Fine Motor Activity for Kids Put the Clothespins on the Turkey (4-6 Years Old)
- For kids to learn about sizes, Thanksgiving Turkey Big and Small Concepts Montessori Activity for Kids (4-6 Years Old)
Get your little ones ready to celebrate Thanksgiving with some super cute clothes, check out these Thanksgiving baby t-shirts and bodysuits.
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- Unlocking Creativity: Innovative Montessori Lesson Plans For Engaged Learning - November 29, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023