One of my kids’ favorite animals is the spider; I think this is because their favorite superhero is Spiderman and also because spiders have an incredible ability to spin a cobweb. I don’t know if you have ever seen how amazing a cobweb is. The comic is not far from reality; cobwebs really have a major role. This paper plate spider web craft for kids is perfect for spider lovers and for Halloween.
In the comic, we can see that the spider web has to swing and catch bad people. In real life, the cobweb has a similar function catching bugs that will be spider’s food; build nests; work as air transport, and, sometimes, when there is no food, spiders can eat their webs.
It is fantastic to see how perfect nature is. Everything on it has a particular role. This will allow boys and girls to learn about how a cobweb works and improve their hand-eye coordination.
THEME: PAPER PLATE SPIDER WEB CRAFT FOR KIDS
HOW DO WE DO THIS ACTIVITY?
Topic: The spider web
Age: 4-6 years old children
Goal: Children will learn about spiderwebs while working on their fine motor skills.
Level: Average. This paper plate spider web craft activity was created to be done by the following instruction.
- Fine motor skills
- Knowledge about cobwebs
- Following instructions
- A black plate (any material works, but take into account that we will need to open some holes on it. You can also paint it)
- Orange yarn (it’s Halloween!)
- A hole punch
Let’s start this paper plate spider web craft. Using the hole punch, open some holes to the edges of the plate.
Then, we will cut a long yarn strip.
Pass the yarn through every hole, going from one end to the other. There we will see how the cobweb appears.
FREE PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS FOR KIDS
After their paper plate spider web craft activity gives kids some worksheets to work on. Click the link below to download and print.
We can do this paper plate spider web craft activity with younger children. If they cannot use the hole punch still, then an adult must make the holes. Boys and girls can play with the yarn, passing it through the holes. Be sure there is a knot in one end of the yarn to avoid it comes out of the hole.
VIDEO DESCRIPTION – PAPER PLATE SPIDER WEB CRAFT
Here you will see the activity “THE COBWEB” with step-by-step instructions to perform the activity. This paper plate spider web craft activity will improve children’s fine motor skills, focus, follow instructions, and they will also learn about cobwebs. Children of 4-6 years old can do this activity by themselves by following instructions. We need a plate (cardboard, paper, plastic, etc.), yarn, scissors, and a hole punch.
Hope you like this Halloween craft for kids. I’d love to hear your thought about it and requests for other kids’ activity projects.
Do you like our fun paper plate spider web craft? Make sure to check out our other fun activities for preschoolers.
- Kids will love this Paint the Invisible Spider Halloween Art Ideas for Preschoolers Worksheets (4-6 Year Olds)
- Here’s an awesome home activity, Halloween Easy Spider Craft Puzzle for Kids (4-6 Years Old)
- Check out this awesome Halloween Floating Spiders Science Experiment for Kids (4-6 Years Old)
- Give kids fun activity to do. Check out this Halloween Easy Spider Craft Puzzle for Kids Worksheets (4-6 Years Old)
Get adorable and fun outfits for your little ones. Check out this cute This is My Spider Kids T-shirt.
I’d like to know what you think of our easy paper plate craft for preschoolers. Please leave a comment below.
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023
- 230 Pregnancy Announcement Quotes For Instagram: Sharing Your Joy, One Captivating Caption At A Time - November 16, 2023