A baby shower is one of the best parties you can go to for it’s an occasion of a lifetime. You might remember going to a loved one’s baby shower, and laughter and blessings filled the room. Everyone has only had great memories from any baby showers they’ve been to, except for one hurdle, how to write a baby shower card?
A baby shower is a special event; you want to show your support to the mom-to-be and welcome the baby. That’s why you need to be extra careful about your gifts, baby shower cards, and baby shower etiquette.
If you have been invited to a baby shower and you are having trouble choosing the right baby shower card and what to write on it, this article has a collection of tips and the best baby shower greetings you can write on the baby shower card. Start reading this guide to understand its importance to a mother and practically solve your problems. After reading this, you’ll be prepared with the best baby shower card and wishes, and it’ll melt the mother’s heart too!
What is the importance of a baby shower?
Since the beginning of time, civilizations have been celebrating baby showers. The arrival of a new baby is an occasion for celebrations and joy.
A baby shower is a ritual for welcoming the baby and blessing the mother before birth. A small gathering is organized where people get to spend time with the mother-to-be and shower her with gifts.
Now baby showers are going modern, but at its core, a baby shower is a ritual of gathering loved ones and showing everyone with love. It involved food, drinks, and handcrafted gifts for the mother and child.
These days the mother and child are showered with gifts while someone else hosts the party. Usually, baby showers are women-only events, but many people invite men too. After all, everyone deserves to bless the baby.
Everyone participates in the activities, spreads joy, brings gifts, or a heartfelt baby shower card. This joy and a feeling of togetherness is a delightful way to give the mother and baby your love.
Baby showers make a mother feel loved and cared for while she touches her baby is welcomed, and it is a nice feeling to have. It surrounds everyone with positive vibes and instills a familial feeling in everyone; who doesn’t want that?
How to choose a baby shower card?
Thinking of baby showers warms up everyone’s heart; if you are reading this, you must feel the love too. You know why? Because a baby shower is all about bonds and relationships, and it’s special.
It is about celebrating a mother-child bond and the bond between you and the both of them. Everyone is happy, and you can feel the joy just thinking about it.
It is remarkable, indeed. So for this occasion, your baby shower card should be unique too. Everyone brings gifts, everyone is going to have fun, and everyone will bless the baby, but a few loving words always leave a mark.
Even if you can’t attend the baby shower, a baby shower message, or a simple baby shower card will convey your feelings and encourage the mother.
If your card is this special and your words can offer the mother some love, it can make your card selection a pressure. How can you choose the right baby shower card? What should you write on a baby shower card?
But you don’t need to worry about saying the right words on the right card, because this article will help you through it all. First, let’s understand how to choose the right baby shower card.
- Who is the card for?
The basic to choosing any card ever is knowing who you are addressing the card to. For a baby shower, people usually address the card to the mother, but you may also want to address it to the baby.
The design of the card also depends on the person you are giving the card to. If you are a close person, you need to add a personal touch by selecting a card that matches the receiver’s personality.
- What design/style of baby shower card should you choose?
There are thousands of baby shower cards available in the market, and there are millions online. Choosing the right card can be trouble when you have so many options, so you need to keep the basics in mind.
First things first, choose between buying a card physically or online. Keep an ecard out of your choices as not many people save ecards, and they don’t make an impact. A physical card will be preserved better.
If you are going to buy a card, try buying a card physically to get a better idea of the colors, textures, and shimmers. If you want the options of cards online, you can make or customize your own cards. You can print them on your own, or you can get them printed and delivered to you.
You have one more option; you can DIY a card! A card made by you is the most special baby shower card you can give. It also expresses how much your bond means to you.
If you are very close to the family, try making a card on your own. It will be a special gift from your side.
A conventional and simple card is the best option if you are confused. If you want to stay on the safe side and still give a card, you can go for a traditional baby shower card.
- What are the receiver’s interests?
If you want to put some more effort into choosing the perfect card for the mother or the baby, you can also keep the receiver’s interests in mind. For every person with a different interest, there is a baby shower card.
For instance, if the mother-to-be loves flowers, you can choose a card with flowers. If the mother likes dogs or any other animal, you can choose a related motif too.
Why not gift them a card that reminds you of them? It will remain as a good baby shower memory. People tend to like personalized things, which applies in the case of cards, so go for a personal touch.
What to write:
Now, you are familiar with the idea and the meaning behind a baby shower, and you also have a better idea of how to choose a good baby shower card. You might also want to know how to write a baby shower card message and how to make it special. Here are our ideas and suggestions on the best things and quotes to write a baby shower card. Let’s dive in!
How to address the baby shower card?
The baby shower events are evolving these days. They are no more just ladies’ exclusive events or a formal gathering; they have been incorporating men and have taken an informal turn as well. If baby showers have evolved, so should your baby shower message.
Look at the invite for taking hints on how the event is going to be. You’ll get an idea if it’s formal, informal, ladies exclusive, or not. To address the card for a formal event, the best way is to use the full name of the guest of honor or the parents if they both are going to be there.
Usually, cards use “Dear” as their preferred salutation, and that’s fine if you are close to the mother. You can even use the mother’s and father’s nickname if you’re a really close friend.
If you’re still unsure, go with the name written on the invite.
Baby shower wishes for mother:
- Congratulations! Your little angel is just around the corner, with the best moments of your life. You are going to be a great mom!
- Thank you for inviting us to this fabulous party. We wish you the best for your delivery, and we’ll be sending our love to the baby.
- What a lucky baby to have you as his mother/parents! We are thrilled, wishing you the best.
- Wishing you all the joy and health for your pregnancy and everything that’s to come. Waiting for the little angel to be a part of our family.
- May God give you good health and happiness. I hope your life is filled with wonder and giggles. Congratulations!
- Sending all the positivity and happiness your way as you welcome your baby. Thanks for the invite, and I can’t wait to meet your little treasure soon.
- You are creating a miracle, and you should be proud of that. Congratulations! I can’t wait to meet the baby soon!
- Congrats on all the love and laughs that are coming your way with your beautiful baby. May God watch over you and your family.
Baby shower wishes for baby boy:
- I wish you all the love, happiness, and joy as you get ready to welcome your baby boy!
- A bundle of joy is arriving to be your baby boy. We are thrilled to meet him soon. Congratulation (name)!
- A baby boy comes into your arms and stays in your heart forever.
- With his little hand and legs, your baby boy is crawling your way. Thanks for inviting us and we can’t want to meet your baby!
- Congratulations on the baby! Wishing you all the patience and love because a fun bundle of trouble is coming right your way.
- Thanks for inviting us to the amazing baby shower. We are sure your boy’s little fingers and little toes are ready to take away your woes.
- A toast to the great parent(s) you will be and the smiles your baby boy’s gonna bring. Congrats!
Baby shower wishes for baby girl:
- Wishing you and your baby girl stay pink in health. Congratulations on the little angel who will ring the house with giggles and joy!
- With cute little dresses with ribbons and lace, you’ll have happiness all over the place. We would like to thank you for inviting us to your baby shower and for letting us become a part of this beautiful moment.
- Congratulations on the baby girl! I hope the new family member becomes the light of your life and grows up to be just like you.
- A big congrats on your new princess! I can’t wait to meet the cute baby girl and spoil her with all the joys of the world when she arrives.
- We are rejoicing in the nearing arrival of your baby girl. Thanks for giving us such a cute family member!
- Wishing you a crib filled with happy moments, loving memories, and everything good when your baby girl arrives. Congrats!
- Even before arriving in this world, so many people already love your little angel. Congratulations on all the love and happiness that is coming your way
Gender-neutral baby shower wishes:
- As your new baby arrives, you will have a lot of love, and all your worries will fade away. We wish you a time filled with the purest joy of parenthood with your baby.
- It’s funny how you could love someone you haven’t even seen yet; your baby is lucky to have you as a parent. Congratulations!
- Wishing you and your baby a lifetime of fun, laughter, love, and fulfillment. Enjoy parenthood!
- Kids are called little bundles of joy for a reason, as here we are celebrating. Congratulations and good luck for all the good moments to come.
- Thanks for inviting us to this wonderful baby shower. We hope your baby has the brightest smile, the prettiest eyes, and a heart as kind as yours.
- I hope you enjoy all the moments with your baby and keep them close to your heart, for they grow up fast. I wish we could live in this moment while I wish for you and your baby’s health.
- There are many reasons to smile, and you got one more! Congratulations (name), you are going to be a great parent. I can’t wait to meet the baby!
Quotes to write on baby shower card:
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things: wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” – Eda J. Le Shan
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
- “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” – Angela Schwind
- “I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us.” – Charles Dickens
- “It is a smile of a baby that makes life worth living.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth.” – Roland Leonhardt
- “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
- “I’m not going to have a better day, a more meaningful moment, than the first time I heard my daughter giggle.” – Sean Penn
- “There really are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child.” – Anne Lamott
What are some other baby shower rules to follow?
While we are on the baby shower topic, let’s touch upon some baby shower etiquettes. You never know when they might come in handy.
- Check if the party is coed
Traditionally, baby showers have always been ladies only. They have been a great occasion for all the mothers and ladies to strengthen their bond and meet and bless the baby. But these days, “Jack and Jill” baby showers have been a trend.
Baby showers are not a women-only event now, and that is for the expecting mother to decide. She is entitled to having a fun baby shower with all her loved ones, irrespective of their gender.
So when you are invited to a baby shower, do inform yourself if it is a coed party or not. No matter what kind of party it is, you are going to have a lovely time.
- Follow the invite
A baby shower is all about the baby, blessing them, and making baby shower memories. That’s why it may seem obvious that you can bring your baby along. Unfortunately, it is not the case.
It all depends on the host and the mother. Maybe they just want to have a small party, maybe they have no preparation to handle the kids, or they may have another reason for not mentioning the kids on the invite.
If you can’t leave your child at home for any reason, you can always mention it in the RSVP. And if you decide not to go, you can always send a baby shower card.
- Keep conversations merry
After you’ve received the confirmation of your guests’ arrival, you can take some time to get to know them better. Realize their comfort levels and keep a few topics of conversation handy.
The aim is to keep the baby shower merry and the conversations happy. Don’t make any assumptions and stay away from any touchy subjects.
If you get the chance to meet the guests before the mother-to-be does, you can also hint to them about keeping everything casual. This is an emotional moment for everyone, so all you’d want to encourage is a positive attitude and blessings for the mother and the child.
- Encourage everyone to participate
No matter if you are going for a traditional or modern baby shower, you’ll have some activities. You may be having games or having a conversation, so you’d want everyone to seem excited to participate. The host’s responsibility is to help all the guests feel comfortable enough to participate and indulge in conversations.
And if you are a guest reading this, you want to be a part of this moment. Instead of being shy and declining to participate, you should go ahead and make the events a success. Encourage others to be a part of this jolly too.
- Say thanks
If the host is planning for a thank you baby shower card for all the guests coming, it’s a good thing. But that doesn’t even come near to a sincere thanks from the host and the mother-to-be. Yes, a thank you card is a cherry on top of an already conveyed gratitude.
Remember, you are not only thanking the guests for the gifts but the time they gave into blessing the mother-child bond and making the baby shower special.
You can think of thanking every guest while everyone’s leaving, but that’d be a little too thorough for the mother. Instead, you can have the mother thank everyone collectively. This way your you will score in the baby shower etiquette department!
- See sip and see
Just like traditional baby showers are being replaced by modern ones, the concept of a baby shower has been changing. Instead of a conventional gathering, people are choosing a “sip and see” baby shower.
In this, the mother meets the guests whenever they both have the time; it’s like coming and meeting the baby without the hassle of a big baby shower. The guest can bring a thoughtful baby shower card and spend quality time with the baby.
During pregnancy, alcohol and some foods are not advised for the mother. If you are hosting a baby shower, you should take care of the mother’s preferences and medical restrictions.
The best way to know is to ask the mother. Ask her if she can have a certain item, and if she doesn’t, would she like to have it on the baby shower menu?
Whatever the mother says, you should respect her decision and do as she says. After all, it’s her day.
- Is it okay for me to go to a baby shower without a gift?
If you are not planning on going to the baby shower, you are not required to send a gift. A wish from your side will do the job.
But if you are going to the party, check if the invite mentions anything about not bringing the gift. If the mother or the host exclusively mentions they are not accepting gifts, you don’t need to get a gift.
If no one mentions the gift, you are not obliged to bring anything, but a card or a small gift is appreciated. Know that you are invited for your presence and bless the baby, but you can get a small gift like a baby bib.
- How can the expecting mother say thank you to everyone?
How the parents or the mother say thank you depends on their personal preference. The mother can address every guest together with a small toast or just say a few lines that make everyone feel appreciated.
Thank you notes are another popular way to thank the baby shower guests. While sending these notes, you can write specific notes for every guest as this will be a special gesture.
Eventually, it depends on the mother-to-be how she would like to thank the guests.
- What are some baby shower gift ideas?
If you are buying a baby shower gift with love, it will turn out a good gift no matter what. But if you are looking for some good baby shower gift ideas, here are some:
- You can always go for cute baby clothes. Get a cute baby bodysuit for the baby; it is every parent’s favorite outfit.
- You can also buy baby t-shirts. A baby shirt that describes your relationship with the baby would be a special touch to your gift.
- Another great and affordable option is getting a baby bib. The mother will thank you for it as it saves the baby’s clothes while eating and burping.
- Are there any other baby shower gift tips?
There aren’t a bunch of things you need to take care of, but here are three things to keep in mind before buying a baby shower gift.
- Many people buy a baby shower gift through the baby shower registry; it ensures you are buying a product the mom would love. But you are not obliged to buy from the registry, but you can check the baby shower registry if you are looking for baby shower ideas or want to cross-check your choice. You can ask the baby shower host about the registry.
- The best option is to go for practical gifts. Consider what can help the mother during parenting and buy the right gift for expecting mothers. The best options are cute baby clothes, creams and lotions for the mothers, and baby blankets.
- If you want to get the mother something big, you can always pinch in with other friends. You can consult the host or someone close to the mother for ideas and get the expecting mother something she has wanted, like a stroller.
We hope this article gave you some inspiration on what to write on a baby shower card and things to keep in mind. A baby shower is an important event for the mother, and during this emotional and overwhelming time, she would appreciate your presence.
A baby shower card is a perfect way to show your love and support to the mother, the baby, and the family. And while you are at it, you can always read these tips and advice to help you navigate through a baby shower easily. Keep this article to guide you, and you can share it with your friends too!
Looking for some baby clothing? Check out our collection of baby bodysuits, baby t-shirts, and bibs!
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023
- 230 Pregnancy Announcement Quotes For Instagram: Sharing Your Joy, One Captivating Caption At A Time - November 16, 2023