If you are going to a big event, it can feel like a bit of a headache when you think about taking your baby along too. However, babies and big events can work with a bit of forward planning.
Tips for Attending Weddings with a Baby
Take the example of a wedding. A wedding is usually a large-scale, formal affair and if you are taking the baby with you, it can be a bit worrying.
The most important thing is to relax about it; if the baby is invited then they are obviously wanted there. If they cry during the service or during the photos then do not feel bad about taking them out.
On the other hand, if it is your wedding, then you need an official-baby holder. The one who has the toys and some food and can hold and entertain the baby during the service.
- Make it clear to that person that they can take the baby out if they need to; the baby will be OK for ten minutes, just enjoy your big day.
- Absolutely do not forget their baby blanket. It smells of you and is comforting to them and will help them sleep at the key times rather than being grouchy.
- During the reception, there will be plenty of people who want a cuddle with the baby. It will give you some hands-free time and the chance to relax and dance.
If on the other hand, the big event is something like a festival, then think about the baby’s needs.
- Ensure you have taken all the things they need, you’ll need to have a good quality sling as your stroller will not be useful in a crowd and could be dangerous.
- Be aware of music being too loud for the baby. You’ll probably want to keep to the outskirts and be aware of the baby getting over-stimulated by the people, sounds, and movements, so consider taking walks in order to calm the baby down and get them to sleep.
This needn’t mean you lose any of the fun, but an unhappy baby would mean an unhappy you.
Whatever big event you are going to, ensure you have a plan for the baby too. This will make it the most enjoyable time for absolutely all of you.
Check our Traveling with Baby Checklist. A checklist of things you might want to consider taking if you are planning to have a trip with your baby.
Check out the cute outfits for your little one!
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- Unlocking Creativity: Innovative Montessori Lesson Plans For Engaged Learning - November 29, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023