Introduce the Grinch to children through a fun Christmas activity. Jigsaw puzzle games for kids are easy and a fun way to entertain them at home.
Christmas Coloring Activity for Kids
Nowadays, we commonly find children afraid of facing new challenges, meeting new people, or doing new activities. That happens because they do not feel they can leave their comfort zone. That is entirely related to how we educate our children.
We always want to save our children from difficulties, fears, suffering, etc. We look for ways to do everything for them and make life easier without realizing that we are not allowing children to develop the necessary skills to handle day-to-day activities.
For this reason, we must develop and encourage autonomy and independence in children. When we speak of children’s autonomy, we talk about carrying out kids’ activities and making decisions according to their age and development by themselves.
Adults play a critical role in developing their children’s self-reliance. We should motivate our children to carry out new tasks, such as making their bed, preparing their clothes, organizing their room, among others. When children achieve these goals, they are preparing to do more activities alone.
Promoting self-sufficiency in children will allow them to receive benefits such as developing their self-esteem, a sense of responsibility, and knowledge of their limits.
Benefits of self-sufficiency:
- Self-esteem: Children feel good when they can do things for themselves.
- Sense of responsibility: Children become aware of their obligations and contributions.
- Knowledge of their limits: Children recognize their abilities in each area, which will allow them to know how far they can go.
THEME: JIGSAW PUZZLE GAME FOR KIDS
HOW DO WE DO THIS ACTIVITY?
Topic: Self-esteem/Grinch Christmas Coloring for Kids
Age: 4-6-year-old children
Goal: Develop children’s autonomy and logical thinking while doing a jigsaw puzzle.
Difficulty level: Average. This jigsaw puzzle game for kids activity is designed to be done autonomously and independently.
- Logical thinking
- Two Grinch drawings previously printed
- A pencil
- A ruler
Take one of the printables and divide it with the ruler into several parts (i.e., the more parts, the higher the difficulty level of this activity)(adult help)
After having the divisions done, cut them out.(adult help)
Mix/shuffle the pieces that you cut.
Give the pieces to the child to assemble the jigsaw puzzle, using the other printable as a guide.
Grinch’s jigsaw puzzle game for kids
FREE PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS
Aside from jigsaw puzzle games for kids you can also keep kids entertained through worksheets. Click the link below to download and print our preschool worksheets.
HOW TO CARRY OUT THIS JIGSAW PUZZLE GAME FOR KIDS ACTIVITY WITH CHILDREN OF OTHER AGES?
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 4 YEARS OLD
Toddler’s Christmas Activity
You can do this jigsaw puzzle game for kids activity with younger children. To reduce the difficulty level, you can take the printable and cut it into four parts. The fewer and larger pieces they are, the lower the difficulty level. In this way, you can carry out a preschool activity according to children’s development and abilities without changing materials.
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN OLDER THAN 6
Christmas Activity for Kids
You can also develop this jigsaw puzzle game activity with older children.It is unnecessary to change the materials. To increase this puzzle activity’s difficulty level, cut the pieces into different shapes and sizes.
VIDEO DESCRIPTION – THE GRINCH’S JIGSAW PUZZLE
In this video, you will find the description of the “THE PUZZLE OF THE GRINCH” activity, designed for 4-6-year-old boys and girls. Here, children can work with lower surveillance to put together the jigsaw puzzle.
This preschool activity will allow children to develop skills such as autonomy, concentration, and logical thinking. The materials they will need for the exercise are two printables or drawings of the Grinch, a pencil, scissors, and a ruler.
Do you like this Christmas jigsaw puzzle games for kids? Make sure to check out our other articles
- Check out our awesome collection of 101 Free Printable Christmas Coloring Pages for Kids and 101 Pages of Fun Free Printable Christmas Activity Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Kids will enjoy doing the Which Letter? Grinch Alphabet Activity for Preschoolers Montessori Worksheets (4-6 Year Olds)
- Let kids’ explore art with the Grinch Foam Christmas Painting Idea for Kids Montessori Worksheets (1-2 Year Olds)
- Do fun crafts with kids, check out the Grinch Shoes Christmas Crafts for Kids Fine Motor Skills Montessori Worksheets (4-6 Year Olds)
Get super adorable clothes for your little ones, check out this Christmas dinosaur toddler t-shirt.
I’d like to know what you think of our Christmas jigsaw puzzle games for kids. Please leave a comment below.
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023
- 230 Pregnancy Announcement Quotes For Instagram: Sharing Your Joy, One Captivating Caption At A Time - November 16, 2023
- 133 Pregnancy Reveal Quotes: From Heartfelt Moments To Seasonal Surprises - November 16, 2023