Entertain bored kids with a fun winter-themed indoor activity like this snowman paper plate art craft for kids.
FREE PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS
Do more fun crafts with kids. Click the links below to download the snowman art craft for kids free printable worksheets.
It is easier and fun for children to learn while doing an activity that allows them to create, handle things, and use their imagination than simply learning theory. Items crafted by hand bring cognitive, emotional, and physical benefits.
It is important to know children’s abilities before we start doing handcrafts to choose the proper exercise. We also need to provide clear instructions and guidance.
When boys and girls do handcrafts, they perform several processes to help them develop their intelligence, memory, imagination, creativity, concentration, following instructions, and motor skills. A child that can use his/her creativity can solve problems easily.
We must encourage children to actively participate in their learning process by providing tools and spaces to develop their imagination and creativity.
THEME: ART CRAFT FOR KIDS
HOW DO WE DO THIS ACTIVITY?
Topic: Snowman Handcrafts
Age: 4-6-year-old children
Goal: Through this snowman art craft for kids activity, kids will develop their concentration, memory, and fine motor skills.
Difficulty level: Basic. This art craft for kids activity is designed to be done autonomously by following an adult’s instructions.
- Hand and fingers movement accuracy
- Following instructions
- Two paper plates
- Color markers
- Colored tissue paper strip
- Two rectangles made in craft or construction paper
- A triangle made from a foam sheet
Glue the paper plates together, as shown in the image, to create the snowman’s body.
Use a marker to draw the snowman’s eyes.
Glue the orange triangle to make the snowman’s nose.
Draw the snowman’s mouth after gluing the nose.
Draw some buttons with the color markers on the snowman’s body.
Use the colored tissue paper strip to do the snowman’s scarf. Finally, glue the snowman’s arms.
Snowman Handcraft. Christmas Art Craft for Kids
HOW TO CARRY OUT THIS ART CRAFT FOR KIDS ACTIVITY WITH CHILDREN OF OTHER AGES
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 4 YEARS OLD
This snowman Christmas art craft for kids activity can be done with younger children lowering the difficulty level. It is necessary to change materials. You can draw a snowman on construction paper, and children can glue cotton pieces all over the drawing.
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN OLDER THAN 6
You can also do this snowman art craft for kids activity with older children. The more details the craft has, the greater the difficulty level of this activity. It is unnecessary to change materials, but you can add materials as buttons to make the eyes and/or foam to make the mouth. You can also add a hat to the snowman.
WATCH THE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS HERE
VIDEO DESCRIPTION – SNOWMAN HANDCRAFT ART CRAFT FOR KIDS
In this video, you will find the “A SNOWMAN HANDCRAFT” activity explanation. This activity was designed for 4-6 years old children to do a snowman using different materials. We want to help children develop their concentration, memory, hand and fingers’ movement accuracy, following instructions, and imagination skills with this exercise. Materials needed are two paper plates, color markers, colored tissue paper, glue, two rectangles made from craft paper or construction paper, and a triangle made from foam.
Do you like this Christmas Art Craft for Kids? Make sure to check out our other articles
- Check out our awesome collection of 101 Free Printable Christmas Coloring Pages for Kids and 101 Pages of Fun Free Printable Christmas Activity Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Kids who love snowman will love this Snowman and Dice Fun Math Games for Kids with Free Printable Worksheets (4-6 Year Olds)
- Let kids have fun with Fit the Shapes into the Gingerbread House Puzzle Game – Christmas Indoor Activity for Toddlers with Printable Worksheets (1-2 Year Olds)
- Kids will enjoy doing fun science experiment, check out Gingerbread House on the Water STEM Fun Science Experiments for Kids (4-6 Year Olds)
Get super adorable clothes for your little ones, check out this Christmas snowman baby bodysuit.
I’d like to know what you think of our Christmas art craft for kids. Please leave a comment below.
- Montessori’s View On Pretend Play And Nurturing Creativity – 5 Minutes Read! - February 23, 2024
- 490 Best Aunty Birthday Wishes To Cherish And Appreciate Her - February 23, 2024
- How Does Montessori Teach Culture To Shape Young Minds? - February 23, 2024