What’s the Best Period (Age Wise) to Start Traveling With a Child?
There are scary stories about traveling with kids. Often, parents stay at home just to prevent the child’s schedule from being disrupted. More often, children are kept at home for the parent’s convenience to avoid facing the troublesome time as the child adjusts to new surroundings.
Earlier, many pediatricians thought that the first child’s trip had to be at the age of 3 and to the seaside. This is a common misconception. So when can you start traveling with a baby?
Nowadays, new moms have two different views. Some of them fully agree with pediatricians, while others believe that the child’s first trip should be as early as possible. While in fact, there is no middle ground.
First of all, flights everywhere are forbidden for newborns during the first 2 weeks. It’s also not recommended to fly during the first 3 months unless necessary. The optimal age for traveling is 6-8 months. At the age of up to 1 year, traveling with a child is more comfortable: it’s much easier to entertain them, and they sleep a lot.
It doesn’t mean that you must stay at home during the first 6 months.
Microbe-causing organisms are everywhere, even in your home. You cannot protect your child from everything in this world. The more bacteria the child deals with, the stronger their immune system becomes.
It’s better to travel with a baby under 6 months within your region or city. For those lucky enough to be traveling with kids out of town, you can start with short trips by car on the weekends to your relatives and friends, visit interesting places, parks, and sightseeing.
- Firstly, the immune system becomes stronger.
- Secondly, it’s important for mom’s emotional condition.
- Thirdly, the child must be able to socialize and adapt to the outside world.
How long should the trips last?
Most working people receive two weeks of vacation time per year, although some pediatricians recommend traveling for at least 21 days. If you don’t have that as an option, you can take a vacation for 1 week or 2 weeks. Choose a location close to your home to reduce stress for the child. You should understand that there is simply no point in going with a one-year-old child for five days to the seaside. So find a simple and calm place to have the best vacation for kids.
- Ultimate Guide to Road Trips with Kids
- Having a trip with your little one? Check out Traveling with Baby Checklist
- Tips for Tackling Trips with a Baby
Bring a smile to your kids’ faces by gifting them bodysuits, T-shirts, and bibs.
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023
- 230 Pregnancy Announcement Quotes For Instagram: Sharing Your Joy, One Captivating Caption At A Time - November 16, 2023