It is cold weather outside and you are thinking about what to do with your baby. It might seem a bit tricky at first, but there are lots of things you can do. Here are five cold weather activities with babies you might want to try:
1) A walk is always a great thing to do, but brilliant in cold weather. Don’t worry it will be too cold. Wrap baby in the same number of layers of clothes as you, then wrap them in their stroller with their favorite baby blanket to keep them settled and snug.
Let them hear the sensory sounds all along the walk like crunching leaves. Let them see the sights of what is happening. It doesn’t have to be long but it will be fun.
2) Head to a coffee shop for a hot drink. Baby will love the things to see and sounds, and you can have a lovely relax with a nice treat.
3) If you don’t have any local baby massage groups, you can get instructions on the internet and do this at home.
Use either calendula or grape seed oil on baby’s skin and use light movements while playing some relaxing music with the curtains closed. This is really good for a baby who has colic, but most babies love it.
4) Local libraries have sections for babies and there are lots of ‘feely’ books that are good for them. You might find something for you to read at the same time!
If you don’t have a local library, try a book store! Read the books to baby as well because they will love the colors.
5) Make a woolen bird hanger or similar craft item. You can buy a rattan/ cane shape with lots of little holes in which you poke little bits of wool fleece into. If you don’t have one of these, try knotting bits of fleece along a length of string.
Hang this in a tree and birds will come to pinch bits for their nests. Babies will love the feel of the soft wool in all bright colors, with the great addition of seeing the birds come into your garden or yard.
There are so many different things that are either best to do when it is cold, or are extra special at this time. Whatever kind of activity you prefer, give one a try!
Check our Exercise Activities for Kids to Get Them Moving at Home. Learn different ideas on how to engage your child into activities to keep them active and healthy.
Get some interesting & funny bodysuits for your baby here.
- 10 Easy Father’s Day Drawing For Kids That Make The Perfect Gift - June 12, 2022
- 10 Amazing Mother’s Day Drawing Guides (Easy Step-by-Step) - May 22, 2022
- Easter Drawing Special: 10 How To Draw Easter Step-By-Step Guide - April 17, 2022