Let kids match the groundhogs in this fun and creative craft for kid activity for groundhog day.
There are many excellent benefits in children’s lives by allowing children to play. Through various activities and exercises, they learn creativity, stimulate themselves, explore their environment, develop their gross and fine motor and social skills, and have fun. Therefore, this is a relevant activity to develop each of the children’s dimensions.
Children learn best when they feel comfortable, safe, and free from pressure, and many times through movement, as proposed by the Montessori’s methodology. Playing a game is not only an excellent tool for children’s development;it’s a must.
With play, children get to know themselves, the world around them and adapt to it. For them to learn something properly, they must do so through their own experience. With the game, they should repeatedly do the activity until reaching the final goal; that’s why the game is one of the best ways for children to naturally acquire new knowledge.
The game also favors problem-solving and logical thinking. When a problem arises during the game, children are faced with thinking beyond what can be seen. They learn to see the real things, which forces them to seek new solutions by strengthening their mental abilities.
With time and children’s development, games change; however, this doesn’t mean that they stop providing children’s development benefits. On the contrary, their needs change the games. From birth to two years, games are functional activities. Children play symbolic or fictional games from two to six years of age, and from six years onwards, the predominant games have rules.
THEME: CRAFT FOR KID GROUNDHOG’S DAY ACTIVITY
HOW DO WE DO THIS ACTIVITY?
Topic: The importance of the game
Age: 4-6-year-old children
Goal: Through this craft for kid activity, children will develop their cognitive skills through the shadows game.
Difficulty level: Average. This craft for kid activity is designed for children to carry out autonomously and independently by following instructions.
- Following instructions
- Logical thinking
- Cards with the images of groundhogs(previously made Printable). You must do the cards, one with a colorful drawing and the partner only the drawing’s silhouette.
- 1 Container
- 1 Tray
On the tray, place the cards that have only the drawing’s outline, and in a container, place the cards that have the color drawing.
Take the colored cards and pair them.
Craft for kid pairing activity strengthening cognitive skills
FREE PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS
After their craft for kid activity get new worksheets for preschoolers. Click the link below to download and print.
HOW DO WE DO THIS ACTIVITY WITH CHILDREN OF DIFFERENT AGES?
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 4 YEARS OLD
This craft for kid activity can be developed with younger children. To lower this activity’s difficulty level, if children cannot find the matching card, you can provide them with cards containing identical figures.
CHANGES FOR CHILDREN OLDER THAN 6
This craft for kid activity can be done with older children. To increase this kid activity’s difficulty level, children can cut out the cards, creating a puzzle.
VIDEO DESCRIPTION – THE GROUNDHOG’S SHADOW CRAFT FOR KID ACTIVITY
In this craft for kid video, you will find the step-by-step of the activity “THE GROUNDHOG’S SHADOW,” designed for 4-6-year-old children. Pairs of groundhog images were arranged on the tray. This activity will allow children to develop concentration, creativity, patience, following instructions, and logical thinking. The materials needed to develop the activity are cards with the groundhog’s previously made images (Printable), one container, one tray.
Do you like this craft for kid activity? Are you looking for more fun kids activities? Check out our activities and printables for kids
- Here’s an awesome home activity, Let’s Fill the Groundhog Clever Cool Crafts for Kids to Develop their Brain Montessori Activity with Printable Worksheets (4-6 Year Olds)
- Check out this awesome Clever Handprint Dinosaur Craft for Kids Montessori Activity with Printable Worksheets (4-6 Year Olds)
- Give kids fun activity to do. Check out this Montessori Fossil Puzzle Craft for Kids to Have a Great Time with Printable Worksheets (4-6 Year Olds)
- Let kids have fun with the A Fun Dinosaur Handprint Craft and Art Your Kids Will Definitely Love (4-6 Year Olds) Montessori Activity with Free Printable Worksheets
Get super cute outfit for your baby girl, check out this.
I’d like to know what you think of our cool craft for kid activity game. Please leave a comment below.
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023
- 230 Pregnancy Announcement Quotes For Instagram: Sharing Your Joy, One Captivating Caption At A Time - November 16, 2023