Mothers and daughters share a special relationship. If you are looking for some fun ideas for your next mother-daughter date, look no further. The following presents a slew of creative, fun and tender ideas of activities that you and your daughter can do to enjoy time together and strengthen your mother-daughter relationship!
First, let’s discuss the reasons why you and your daughter need a mother-daughter date. Life gets quite busy, both for mothers and daughters, no matter what age you are. Sometimes, there just isn’t enough attention to go around for all of your kids.
Before you know it, your little girl will no longer be so little, and will be less likely to want to spend one-on-one time with her mom. So take advantage of your closeness with your daughter now, and plan some special dates together! Set aside actual days and times on your calendar to commit to spending time with your daughter.
Check our Sweet Mother and Daughter Quotes. Read these sweet and memorable quotes, and share it to your daughter to let her know how much you love her!
This will show her how special she is to you, and also help to create memories that will last for both of your lifetimes. Choose from the following mother-daughter date ideas to find activities that will please your daughter, no matter what her age!
- Start a Garden Together – Whether your pleasure is flowers or fruits and vegetables, you and your daughter can start a garden together! Buy the seeds and/or plants and spend the day planning out where your garden will be, digging holes, planting, and watering. You’ll be surprised how great a sense of accomplishment you both will have as you watch what you’ve planted come to life and grow! Check out these gardening tips for beginners before you start.
- Take a Class Together –Depending upon your daughter’s age, and both of your interests, find a class that you both are interested in and take it together.
- Spend a Night in a Hotel Together – Book a night, or even a weekend, in a nice, nearby hotel that offers room service. Make sure to order room service while you are there, and enjoy being waited on for a change!
- Meet Your Daughter at School or Work for Lunch- Again, depending upon your daughter’s age, set up a day that you can meet her at school, or at her work, and have lunch together. You can eat in the school or workplace cafeteria or choose to go out. The point is, you’ll be together for lunch!
- Visit the Zoo Together- Take a day to visit the zoo together! This can be a fun outing no matter what your age (or your daughter’s age)! Check out this list of zoos across the U.S. to find one near you.
- Train for a Race Together- Have you always wanted to run (or walk) a 5K? Is your daughter interested in this also? If so, train together with the goal of completing that 5K, together!
- Volunteer Together- This can be done at a variety of locations – a homeless shelter, a soup kitchen, a nursing home, a hospital. Choose a location in which you both will be allowed to work side-by-side so that you can enjoy your time together helping others. Don’t know where to start? Check out VolunteerMatch.org to find volunteer opportunities near you.
- Play a Sport Together– Is there a sport that you and your daughter both enjoy? If so, sign up for it together! This will extend your date into more than one day too!
- Take Photos of Each Other –Take turns taking photos of each other in whatever setting you like. You can dress up or be casual, it’s totally up to you. Be sure to throw in a few selfies of the two of you for fun!
- Color Together– This can be a fun and relaxing activity to do together no matter the age. Even though you don’t have coloring books, you can print coloring pages online.
- Search Your Family Tree Together- Genealogy is a great hobby that you can share with your daughter. Research your family history together online and see what you discover! Some sites to help you get started include FamilySearch.org and FindMyPast.com.
- Look at Old Photos Together –Get out old family photo albums and go through them together. If you have old photos that are not in great shape, think about scanning them so that you have digital copies saved!
- Attend a Show Together– Pick something that you both will enjoy, be it a concert, play or whatever, and make a day/night of it!
- Play a Game of Cards Together- Pick your favorite card game and play together. If one of you doesn’t know how to play, the other can have fun teaching this card game!
- Get Your Hair Done Together– Book a mother-daughter hair appointment day, try a new style/color if you feel brave!
Check our 25 Beautiful First Time Mom Quotes. Take some time to read and share these beautiful motherhood quotes to always remember the joy of being a mother!
- Have a Slumber Party Together- Just the Two of You– Have a mother-daughter slumber party. Grab your sleeping bags and set up in the family room, complete with movies and snacks.
- Bake Something Together- Decide on something together that you want to bake. It can be easy, like cookies, or more of a challenge, like a layered cake. Just make it something that you know you can both do and have fun!
- Play a Game of Bingo Together- Bingo is fun for young and old!
- Take a Train Trip Together- This can be a fun day trip, with a set destinations in mind. Check your local area to see if any scenic train rides are offered. Or hop a train to the nearest city and explore the city together!
- Go to the Movies Together – Choose a movie you both will love and go to it together. Make sure to go all out, and get refreshments (there’s nothing like real movie popcorn to share!)
- Play a Board Game – Choose a board game you both like, play a variety of board games in a day.
- Go Window Shopping Together- Even if you’re short on cash, window shopping is lots of fun. Look at things that you might like to buy one day.
- Get Ice Cream Together-Ice cream is always fun! Go to a local ice cream shop and splurge on whatever you both want. Maybe split a sundae for two!
- Go Swimming Together- Go to a local swimming pool lake or pond together and spend the day swimming! Some YMCAs will allow non-members to swim for a day.
- Go for a Picnic Together –Pack all of your favorite picnic foods in a cute basket. Bring a blanket, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen, and go to your local park, or even your backyard, to enjoy it.
- Visit the Library Together- You can choose books to read or maybe check out activities offered by your local library.
- Take a Cake Decorating Class Together – This works well with older daughters because cake decorating can be a challenge!
- Visit a Museum Together-Find a local museum and go together. Some offer free admission on certain days. Check out this directory of US museums if you need help finding one.
- Go to Local Farmer’s Markets Together- Find one large farmer’s market, or a bunch of smaller roadside stands, and spend the morning or the day checking out the produce and baked goods they offer.
- Take a Yoga Class Together – Whether you’re a novice to yoga or an old pro, you can both have fun, relax and find your center if you take a yoga class together.
- Have a Craft Day, or Night, Together- Set up a craft station and create keepsakes for family and friends.
- Have a Tea Party Together- You can either set up a tea party at home, featuring different types of teas, a tea set and stuffed animals, or book a high tea at a “real” tea house! Many of them offer special mother-daughter teas.
- Go Out and Have a Lunch Date Together- Take time out of your busy day and go to a café, or your favorite restaurant, for lunch! It’s nice to get away from others and be able to really talk while you enjoy each other’s company (as well as a good lunch!)
- Get Manicures or Pedicures Together (Or Both)-Girls of all ages love going to the salon to get their nails, or toenails, painted. Enjoy a relaxing mani-pedi with your daughter!
- Have a Full Spa Day Together-Take the mani-pedi a step further and enjoy a full spa day, complete with massages, facials and the works!
- Make a Mother-Daughter Time Capsule Together- Get together lots of memories that you and your daughter have shared, including photos, receipts, playbills, etc. and start your own time capsule! It is fun to look back and see everything you’ve done together and the fun you’ve had over the years!
Get cute outfits for your little ones, check out bodysuits, T-shirts, and bibs.
- The Montessori Legacy: How Maria Montessori Transformed The Landscape Of Education - December 1, 2023
- Unlocking Creativity: Innovative Montessori Lesson Plans For Engaged Learning - November 29, 2023
- 173 Inspiring Pregnancy Quotes For Coping with Loss - November 16, 2023